Frequently Asked Questions
All of the proceeds acquired through sales go directly back to Blossom™ and the individuals with developmental disabilities employed by Blossom™. Learn more by clicking this link.
We ship from Orlando, Florida. We currently ship orders to locations across the continental United States.
Yes, in-part. We strive to be eco-friendly in the production of all our products. We currently use organic palm oil in our soaps. We continue to work on finding safer alternatives that do not negatively impact the planet and/or our environment.
Yes our soap is organic. However, it is NOT vegan because we use goat’s milk and goat’s milk powder in the crafting process.
Yes, we use lye in our soap. However, lye is the only chemical we use during the soap making process. This is not to be mistaken with lard, which is the fat sourced from pigs. Lye is a chemical that provides a cleaning solution that is commonly found in most household cleaning supplies. The lye is not harmful after the soap is made, making our soap safe for the whole family to use.
People have different skin characteristics. If you feel uncomfortable, please stop using the product.
Once an order is placed, the warehouse prepares the order for shipment. Processing and handling takes between 1-2 business days, and can vary around holidays.
We do not accept returns. We will accept exchanges within 30 days from the purchase date as long as the soap remains in the original packaging and unused.
Yes, you can exchange for a different kind of soap within 30 days of purchase as long as the soap remains in the original packaging and unused. We will not accept used soap.
An unused bar of soap can last between 1 and 3 months. It is recommended to use the soap as soon as it is received for an optimal experience.
It is recommended to store soap, used and unused, in a cool, dry place. We suggest a room temperature between 68-75 degrees Fahrenheit. Placing unused soap in an air-tight container is the best way to ensure freshness and to keep the scent strong.
Soap is for external use only. It is not recommended to ingest the soap. If ingested, call your local poison control center right away.
For desired results, keep the following in mind:
• TRIM THE WICK: Each time you light your candle, trim the wick so that it remains between 1/8” and 1/4” long, removing any bloom from the previous burn. We recommend using scissors or nail clippers.
• ALLOW WAX TO POOL: The first time you light your candle, let the top layer of wax melt all the way across to the edge. This may take several hours depending on the size of your candle. This process prevents tunneling, which causes the wick to sink lower into the wax and wasting hours of delightful fragrance.
• KEEP AWAY FROM MOVING AIR: Allowing your candle to burn near fans, open windows and air conditioners can disturb the flame and cause unsightly black marks on the container.
• RULES FOR BURNING AND COOLING: Candles should burn no longer than four hours. After extinguishing, allow to cool for two hours.
• KEEP A CLEAN POOL: Utilize the candle cover when not in use to prevent dust and trimmings from contaminating the pool.
• TAKE PRECAUTIONS: Please read the warning sticker on the bottom of your candle and adhere to safety instructions.
• RELISH AND REPLENISH: We are always coming up with new aromas so check ShopBlossom.org for your next fragrance.
Today, Blossom only uses palm oil that is sustainably sourced by vendors who are members of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO).
As part of our mission to be eco-friendly, we use 100% biodegradable shrink-wrap to wrap all of our goat’s milk and aloe vera soaps as well as gift baskets. This process also ensures our soaps maintain freshness as time passes.